Saturday, August 06, 2005

?

This was my second day of physical therapy and from here on will be known as PT.
Got my evauation from the PTist and yes, my spine looks like the above shape--a question mark. No wonder I'm in pain. I thought I would be home by say, noon, but this guy is a talker. I didn't start the actual PT until after noon!
So I did all my exercises, this pulley thing, then the traction, then the hangy arm thing, torso twist and a series of exercises in the pool. My shoulder was so tired I was shaking when I was done. I hit the hot tub for 15 minutes, changed and came home.
At home I ate a late lunch at 2 p.m. then took a nap.
Recommendation from the PTist? Ready for this--find something else to do besides knit, crochet and sew for a hobby.
I DON'T SEE THAT HAPPENING-EVER. So I'll just have to find more activities to do that counteract the hobby.
So any of you knitters, sewers and office job type have an idea--I'll listen to most anything. I've even joined a yahoo group KNITnFIT.
As before, I shall survive and continue on, learn more about my posture and walk more. But as in the past, I know I can only add one thing at a time about once every 3 to 6 months. This may take awhile. But since I'm gonna live to be 103, I guess I have the time!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Denise It's Manda Mae, just wanted to say hi and that I have FINALLY gotten a chance to read your blog, You should check mine out at... http://mandamay7.blogs.friendster.com/my_blog/ when you get a chance it's not much but it's where i vent. TTYL luv you