Saturday, August 20, 2005

And Here We Go . . .

I see that I haven't been here in a few days, ouch, sorry. OK, so this week I worked like usual, except Wednesday was longer than usual. The mailing program has changed at work and so it took me much longer to get the mailing list ready so I ended up working an hour more than usual.
Then a PT Thursday I was re-evaluated, range of motion improving in my arm, but the darned thumb is still partially numb.
Friday was the event of the week with a cardiolyte stress test, hooray. This aging thing is a bunch of crap! You get one bobble on your EKG and the docs go nuts about it. So I do this stress test and I was so anxious about it when I got home I cried and then slept for 3 hours. The stress was finding out that I'm up another 5 pounds. I keep telling myself it's because of PT, working out the upper body and gaining muscle and stopping that damned high blood pressure medicine. OK, so 5'6", 211 lbs and I'm bigger than I ever have been in my life! Next visit with the doc is October and I will be walking every day that I don't have PT.
I'm also preparing for two different weekends away from home, one with hubby, one without. The hubby weekend is: 1. Our 24th anniversary, and 2. Logging Congress in Escanaba. Now we seldom go away for our anniversary BUT, this year his boss said, "We're closing the shop for the weekend and we're all going to the Logging Congress." WOW! His boss wants him by his side for the huge event for the shop--what an honor. And he wants me to tag along too! Not to mention that we've considered going to the Logging Congress for 20 years, just never got around to it.
The weekend without hubby is the end of September and is my annual knitting seminar, now called the Great Lakes Knitter's Retreat 2005. New place, Prince Conference Center at Calvin College; new format, Thursday evening preview; and new demonstrators. I started attending this in 1999 then skipped a year or two, then went for the last 3 years. My first year I remember saying to myself in the back of my mind (that voice has led me to other endeavors I will rehash at a later date) that I would like to be a demonstrator at this seminar (now retreat) in 10 years--my how time flies!
Now, as you read through this entry you may be saying to yourself--Logging Congress, Knitters Retreat, 24th anniversary--what does this woman NOT do?--I don't paint very well and I've never tatted, other than that 'wowyoucandothat' really means "Wow, you can do that?"

No comments: