Sunday, September 04, 2005

I'm the Bitch!

I finally got fed up enough Saturday to kick the lazy bum out! Gosh it hurt to watch this large pitiful, gumpy boy (age 19) look at me with the questioning face saying, "I did clean the kitchen when you asked."
That was after 6 weeks of asking him to weed the garden, dig up the flower bed, sweep the living room several times, do the dishes, clean the bathroom, step up and help because my arm was out of commission.
Just for the record--the garden NEVER got weeded, the flower bed has a trench in it, the living room has dust bunnies the size of my 65 pound labrador, the dishes still had food on them, there is no sign of the bathroom being clean ANYWHERE!
I believe I have been overly generous 'helping' him out. In the 4 weeks he was unemployed, he applied for 4 jobs eventhough I told him of 4 places to apply each week and circled half a dozen ads each week in the newspapers for him each week. Mostly he said, "I don't want to do that kind of work."
He did find the time and money to attend a demolition derby, visit the water park, play putt putt golf and keep a supply of mountain dew around. He could also afford to throw away returnable cans (I'm not so rich).
Since I kicked him out he has been able to afford to travel 60+ miles round trip for shopping with a friend.
Maybe I was wrong, maybe I was right--I there are less dirty dishes in the sink and less dirt on the floor.
Now to change the subject--The Most Precious Lady Jane doesn't feel well right now. A few weeks ago she got into somes trash and ate yuckies, made her feel icky for a day. Today, on our walk, she snapped up something (maybe some toadstools) and has been acting very strangely all afternoon and evening. Usually she jumps at the sound of the goodie bag. This afternoon when we rattled the bag she opened glazed eyes and looked at us like we were aliens.
I don't know what she ate, but she tossed up some mac and cheese (we haven't had any in a few days), and is wobbly when she sits, stands and walks. It being a holiday weekend, we'll keep an eye on her. I can imagine how she feels if she ate some 'shrooms--all dazed and dopey.

No comments: