Sunday, July 17, 2005

Still Looking for Motivation

Took Jane to the lake again yesterday, will this heat ever end? There were so many boats and people there yesterday, but it was Saturday. Most the peeps loved her, enjoyed watching her swim and drag me through the water. She's getting better behaved, but I still won't let her off the leash, and I keep the "Gentle Leader" on her until she starts swimming. We swam for about 30 minutes and I must say my shoulders, neck and arms have been getting a workout!

The aquariums have been quiet because of the heat. They'll get a good cleaning today. I took some pretties out of the 20 gallon Friday to let them sun dry and KILL the snail eggs. I know the bettas enjoy the escargot, but this is getting a little out of hand. Next approach will be acquiring some loaches for snail eradication.

Tony went to Rudyard yesterday for a tractor pull. His dad and uncle bummed along and his dad took his tractor too. A little old Ford. Tony placed first (as usual) in the 8500 lb class and 4th with his dad's tractor in a smaller class. I kind of missed seeing all our tractor pulling buddies, but enjoyed the day alone!

No comments: