Sunday, April 20, 2008

What a Weekend!

On Thursday, Dawn and I took off for Indiana. She's traveled around the states much more than I. This was my first trip to Indiana.
The first thing I noticed in Indiana is their is 'pride in ownership' of most of the homes we passed. And their road numbering system is still puzzling me.
The homes were beautiful in Logansport. We even traveled to Peru, Mexico, Chili and Denver!
But the purpose of our trip was the Spring Fling hosted by the Knit Knack Shop.
We met great designers, great knitters, made friends, met internet friends and shopped till we dropped.
I thought I was getting a lot of yarn, until I saw a car parked at our hotel and the whole back seat was full--at least 3 large bags, plus many cases of yarns. My purchases only totaled $500. I'm sure that knitter had at least 4 times that much--unless there was some stashed in trunk!
Lots of tips, ideas, designs, new products to try and great new yarns to sample.
This was my second seminar this year--I'm planning for at least one more this year and a stop at the Michigan Fiber Festival this August.
Now to sell some more knits!

No comments: