Tuesday, April 01, 2008

I kinda like my name the way it is

Norma, of Now Norma Knits 2 is considering changing her blog name. Mine's gonna stay the same for now.
Last weekend I went to visit my sister for the first time in several years. Not that she's that far away, 2.5 hours. But, our lives were traveling in different directions. We would call and chat periodically, but a visit just wasn't in the cards for us during that time.
With her elopement and my bit of spare time, I decided to take time for a visit. We had tons to talk about. She is now married and has two step-sons and a wonderful husband. I have an empty nest and less responsibilities holding me to home. It was great!
During this time we discussed health issues that are plaguing both of us. She is ahead of me in the research department; I am just coming out of denial about my health. She shared her new favorite book, Protein Power by Michael R. Eades, MD and Mary Dan Eades, MD. It has some very good points and answers to some questions that have been nagging me for years.
Today is my first official day with their plan--it's the most work I've done in years AND I'm so very afraid of not being successful. I now realize I'm carrying around 60 pounds of fat which is very disturbing to me. I never thought in all my life I would look like my grandmother! I'm very sad about this revelation.
So, today, I began. And I will take it one day at a time, one bite at a time. And since I'm full I should go knit something.
I guess on the bright side--I didn't succumb to other temptations such as smoking, drinking, drugs or worse.
I guess it's back to knitting the socks.

No comments: