Saturday, November 26, 2005

Snow Update

The snow from the last pics has gone



And then come back!!!
We have about six inches on the ground. Hear tell that the temp is supposed to be around 45F tomorrow and it will all go away again.
It did make for a wonderful 'An Indian River Christmas'. There was snow all around, the temp Friday night was 28ish and beautiful. The parade (new this year) was short and sweet. Santa arrived on dog sled again and was taking orders at the town hall per usual. Soup pots were hot and tasty. Tony sampled potato soup and I had some hamburger soup--mmmmmmmmmm.
Jane and I had a nice walk through town and visited with some nice peeps and pups.
Today, Jane and I visited with Elliot (her boydogfriend) and Jan and went for a walk down the road. The trail is snow covered and it's still firearm hunting season. Without her safety vest, it's best to walk the road now. Don't want to chance her (or me) getting shot at.
Finished two sweaters this week for Yule gifts, and that's the extent of my knitting.
Hope all had a wonderful Turkey day Thursday. It was calm at home. Thank goodness! I now understand why my dad likes to stay at home for the holidays. He's SO SMART!!! hence 'The Wise Old Owl' name.

No comments: