Monday, November 07, 2005

Flexible? Not Cotton!

Six hours knitting yesterday--heaven? NO, learning experience. After six hours of trying different methods of casting on with some chonchenhocken cotton I finally decided it wasn't being made into the lovely ribbed and lace cardi I wanted to make. Cotton is for simple and plain, cool and comfy. I was mostly frustrated because I wasted six hours of uninterrupted knitting time reminding myself of this fact.
So I started on the Dakota Rib by Jason Wurst at Rocking Horse Farms. I got the pattern last year at the Great Lakes Machine Knitters Seminar. I plan to make a visit to their farm and shop in Minnesota. Jason and his mother Carole are great knitters, designers and people all around!
On Wednesday, I'm getting another aquarium with 3 fishes from me momma. She has decided to be done with the fishes and offered them to me first, I think. Tonight and tomorrow I will need to engage the assistance of the other household members and visitors (AKA JEM and Big Bubba) to move furniture around the living/dining room and kitchen.

No comments: