Thursday, March 20, 2008

Announcement

Just last Saturday at knitting club the grammas were all googling about their slew of grandbabies. They teased me saying, "just wait, you never know!" "Blah, Blah, blah, I'm just gonna have grand-dogs", I said. Like I said, that was Saturday.

On Sunday evening Jenni and Bill stopped by to say they got a new apartment in Petoskey. Good news because that's where they both work. More $$ for rent, less expense in fuel!! I was very glad for them. I gave Jenni the sockies I had knit for the kids (her friends FOUR kids, 18 mo, to 7 yrs) and she casually says, "You can keep make stuff."

"Yea, I know, blah, blah, blah," I said.

"I'm pregnant," she says.

I said something like, "AAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHHH!" and gave her a hug and kiss.

Bill just sat there with a s--t eating grin on his face!

She is 6 weeks along now and I hope Connie doesn't read this until Jenni gets a chance to tell her.

This will be our first grandbaby. I think I'm excited!!

As for the new revised eating plan, things are going well, the first week, I lost 1 1/2 lbs. Saturday is weight in day and I've been walking 4 days a week for 40-50 minutes. I can't wait until the roads defrost completely so I don't have to shuffle across the icy parts. I'll just have to wear grub clothes and slop in the mud instead!

Oh, as for the grandmother thing, we're looking for a different name than 'grandma'. These are the current options: NaNa, NeeNee, (that goes with NeeCee), Gram, Oma, Munga, Bitch, Old Lady (I was formerly Hey Lady), Grammy, Me Maw, G-Ma. I'm taking nominations as I'm gonna be the coolest grandmother ever!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

For us it's between "Oma" since Doug's basically German, and "Granny" since I had several wild women in my family called Granny.

Besides, I think "Granny Green's house" has a nice ring to it. :)