Thursday, November 08, 2007

November in Northern Michigan


This is what we woke up to this morning. Snow on the ground. A nice dusting to make the world look fresh.
Knit-wise I've been zipping through Tempting II from Knitty in a wonderful alpaca from Knit Picks.
This weekend our local machine knitters club will be dying yarn and I'll be dragging along some newbies. Gotta get some of the youngers knitting! (Gosh I never thought I say something like that.)
Tuesday was the first day of my afterschool knitting class. I had five students, 12 to 16 year olds, very excited about knitting. In the 50 minutes we had together, one finished 3 rows, one finished 1 row and the other three were well into their first row.
That seems odd to me as I grew up in a crafting family. Many American families have no concept of doing for themselves; growing food, making and repairing clothing, WOW!

No comments: