Friday, November 16, 2007

Nervous Mervis

Why would I be nervous? Headed to my second craft show tomorrow. The last show I did bombed!!!! Turns you off from making any effort to try another one.
Last year I tried Indian River and told lots of people about it. Indian River is supposed to be one of the largest, best shows of the season. Right, I sold 1 item for $2.50 last year. EEEEK. That worked out to be a huge loss for me.
This year I'm down sizing (I think) heading to Onaway, and I advertised! We'll see if that makes a difference.
Also, locally, there seems to be 'craft show wars'. I know from experience how much the Indian River show costs for a booth--too much for me. Now I see that all the area meeting halls are hosting their own shows, with a much lower table/booth cost. I think I'll try to hit a few of them also.
I'm gonna go simple this year. I get a table and 2 chairs. I'm gonna cover the table with the afghans and rugs I've made and fill baskets with my knits. I've made a sign, printed some business cards and will also take SOME orders for Christmas delivery.
Wish me Luck!

No comments: