Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Another Day, Another Dollar 2.98

1. So I bust my hump for the last two weeks at home and work. I've kept up on the dishes and even cohersed stubborn children into doing dishes and sweeping floor. I've neglected my bedroom for knitting and painting projects. I picked green beans and froze baggies of them and didn't ask for any help.
I just don't feel like I'm making any progress. I'm ready for a mental breakdown. Why? the price of gas is down to $2.79 here. I should be celebrating! R goes back to school next week (for the last time.)
2. But work has been a bit hairy @%@#. I'm doing my best, ok, so everyone slips once in a while. I was hoping a vacation would help--how can it, when I feel guilty about not being at work the whole time?
3. Now, I have two cousins with breast cancer and I'm coming up on their age when they were diagnosed. Daughters are in need of emotional of support; health, decisions, growing up. You would think I'd be down to 110 pounds with all this stress. Naw, I EAT when I'm stressed!
4. And I hate celebrations! Yes, really. Can we just get past this next anniversary? I mean, I love my husband dearly, don't know what I'd do without him. But people expect things. Just because we've been married 25 years. I would prefer to celebrate that time when we decided we were committed to each other, that would be sometime in August and 27 years ago. The wedding ceremony was Sept. 12, 1981, just a date in time.
So what's my next move, I'm open to suggestions.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dang, girl - do you ever have a relaxing (or relaxed) minute???? No words of wisdom from me, just loads of sympathy!