Sunday, March 19, 2006

2nd Try



Looky Looky, I did it! 3 Cardis on the bed.
On the right is #2 in the progress of duplicate stitching (Swiss darning) the branches and birds. The thought of carrying bobbins of 5 different colors and trying to follow the graphs was not my cup'o tea, and I have done very little Swiss darning. Now I'm getting proficient at darning both right and left handed. ( I be a lefty!)
The ribbing was all knit by hand, the body of each (red) was zipped up on the machine, and the yoke was returned to a circular needle and knit by hand and the gauge is very accurate throughout.


I've also done some prototype work for an interior designer I met recently. She has designed some of the most adorable stuff for kids rooms. And she has an adorable butterfly cursor!

No comments: