Monday, June 27, 2005

What's in a name

So the name of this blog is wowyoucandothat--really it's "Wow, you can do that?" because I've heard that phrase many days of my life beginning a long time ago. The first instance that I remember someone saying that to me was in first grade. We had an art project in which we cut out felt pieces and glued them to a burlap rectangle to make a placemat. We also wrote our name on the placemat and then with this HONKING huge needle and scrap yarn, traced the writing with a running stitch. I used yellow burlap and red yarn. Everyone in my class was amazed. I even received an award for the project. I was amazed that everyone else had such a difficult time with such an easy project.
As it turns out, I was one of a few that grew up in a house hold of 'do it yourselfers'. So, for all you that DO things, be proud!

No comments: