Saturday, May 06, 2006

Spring in the North Country

It does look a bit barren. This 80 acres of state owned land was logged off 2 years ago. Spring here in Northern Lower Michigan has been very dry so far. But in a couple weeks (and hopefully a couple inches of rain) this will look very different.

We don't have the lushness (yet) that I've seen posted from southern and western bloggers by now. But Mother Nature is at work quietly.
In the underbrush, ankle level we found this->. Blueberry bushes leafing out. Yes really in that barren looking field, the whol 80 acres is full of them.

W
H
A
T

is Jane doing? Hunting chipmunks. She spent about 5 minutes trying to catch this one. It ran back and forth in the log just toying with her. Then ran out the other end and up a tree.

Jane is my therapist. She walks with me, listens to my rants and assists in all my doings including gardening, laundry and knitting. Our walks are very benefitial for my spiritual self. I used to feel guilty about not attending (sitting painfully in) a church regularly. I now consider these walks my worship time. Being of the earth, I need to commune with it almost daily. My spirit is much lifted with walking. Blessed Spring to you!

No comments: