Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Another Day, Another Headache


Isn't that just cute! It's a little man suit,
cardigan, shirt and shorts in forest green.
I had to force myself to keep working on it.
First the shorts, easy enough.
Then the cardi, drop shoulder, v neck.
Then the shirt. But I got it all done. Now just to sew on the tags and buttons.
Now, for some reason I've had a headache most the afternoon, then a tummy ache. Neither seem to be terminal, just annoying.
Last week, locally, was very sad. A senior at the high school took his own life on Thursday. Then on Friday, while a gentleman was skiing, he died suddenly, age 49. His wife works at the school! The town is silently waiting for #3.
On a similar subject--this is the third suicide in as many years in the area. That doesn't count the attempteds that were unsuccessful. We are a small rural community of approximately 2000. That seems pretty high statistically as far as I'm concerned. I personally have had my own dealings with depression and am concerned how families are handling this sensitive subject. I believe talking openly with family is good, especially when dealing with sensitive subjects such as death. Keeping it all inside caused much distress for me and my family. Openness and discussion helped me so much more.
I think of the families affected and pray for them often. Blessings to all.

No comments: